- belonging to or typical of the study of history (historical methods)
- concerned with or treating of events of the past (historical accounts)
- based on or constituting factual material as distinct from legend or supposition.
- occurring or prominent in history.
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers Collins Dictionary
- Of or concerned with history as a science; the historical method
- providing evidence for a fact of history; serving as a source of history; a historical document
- established by history; not legendary or fictional; factual; real
- showing the development or evolution in proper chronological order a historical account
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.« Back to Glossary Index