- The systematic study of the existence and nature of the divine and its relationship to and influence upon other being.
- The systematic study of Christian revelation concerning God’s nature and purpose, esp through the teaching of the Church.
- A specific system, form, or branch of this study, esp for those preparing for the ministry or priesthood.
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers Collins Dictionary
- The study of religious doctrines and matters of divinity; specif., the study of God and the relations between God, humankind, and the universe
- A specific formulation or systematisation of religious doctrine or belief as set forth by a given religion or denomination or by one or more individuals
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.« Back to Glossary Index